Wednesday, June 17, 2015
Dynamics CRM Forecast Management to Improve Sales and Operations Planning
Posted by Scott Mangelson
Having worked with a number of manufacturing companies, this is an issue that tends to come up pretty regularly. And truthfully, beyond the most basic pipeline management reports, out-of-the-box CRM systems are not built to include Forecast Management tools or support Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP).
To support this fundamental need, Armanino’s Dynamics CRM team has been working alongside Microsoft and our manufacturing clients to develop a flexible forecast management solution that is fully integrated with Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
This Dynamics CRM Forecast Management Solution supports the following capabilities:
- Produces Sales Forecasting and Demand planning by customer, territory, Account Manager or product.
- Clearly shows the difference between sales opportunity management and Forecasting demand for the business
- Forecasts and accounts for seasonality, product life cycles or customer buying patterns.
- Locks in a forecast and presents a committed forecast to production or delivery.
- Compares forecast to forecast and forecast to budgets
- Forecasts top down vs. bottom up or a combination of both
- Can roll-up sales rep and territory forecasts and support an easy-to-use Management Override capability.
- Supports graphics and business intelligent analytics to help you understand the drivers and anomalies in the details of a comprehensive product or service forecast.
Armanino’s Forecast Management Solution uses Microsoft Dynamics CRM as the core data repository and sales team interface, this combined with Microsoft Business Intelligence tools for analytics, offers companies an affordable and robust forecast management solution built completely within the Microsoft platform.
Learn more about the Dynamics CRM Forecast Management solution and other customized modules for Microsoft Dynamics in the Armanino Marketplace.
Scott has 20 years of sales and marketing leadership experience in manufacturing operations. Beginning at IBM, Scott gained hands-on high tech and semiconductor supply chain management experience. Over his career, Scott has consulted and deployed ERP, CRM and manufacturing process control software to companies such as Intel, AMD, National Semiconductor, Fairchild Semiconductor, NEC, LG and Atmel. He also gained real-world CRM experience while serving as a VP of sales and marketing, and he led the selection and implementation of CRM deployments at three companies.