Friday, June 24, 2016
Dynamics CRM App for Outlook vs. CRM for Outlook
Posted by Josh Briggs
Discover the difference between the Microsoft Dynamics CRM App for Outlook versus Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook. Take a quick look at the list of features comparing the two to see what’s right for you.
What’s the difference?
- Dynamics CRM for Outlook (also known as the “The CRM Outlook Client”)
- A full featured add-in for the desktop version of Outlook.
- It is installed on individual machines.
- Provides a local client view of the CRM data.
- Track emails, appointments, contacts and tasks.
- It does not work with Outlook on the web.
- Can take the data OFFLINE.
- Dynamics CRM App for Outlook
- A lightweight app that works with both Desktop and Web versions of Outlook.
- Installed at the Exchange server level.
- Tracks emails only.
- Works with Outlook for MAC and phones.
- Can be used on Windows Phone, Apple iPhone, and Android phones.
- Cannot take the data OFFLINE.
Josh Briggs is a Senior CRM Consultant that started with Armanino in 2014. He has spent the past 18 years in the software industry as a trusted advisor to companies across the US and Canada. In his free time he enjoys curing meats and other culinary adventures.