Friday, March 23, 2018
What Is Microsoft AppSource?
Posted by Robert Wenstrand
Microsoft AppSource is a resource that businesses can leverage to find and deploy products and services that extend the functionality of Microsoft’s existing online offerings. These services often provide a bridge for functionality gaps within the existing software or extend the online environment to serve industry specific needs.
Microsoft AppSource is essentially an App Store for Microsoft’s online platform that leverages code built by third party ISV’s and partners.
Additionally, applications published through AppSource have the added benefit of going through a Microsoft review and certification process. This process ensures that any code or modifications within the application follow Microsoft’s specifications and that only high-quality products are published on AppSource.
Here are some examples from the Armanino library of offerings:
- Armanino’s High Tech Industries for Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations is a comprehensive solution that extends the D365 for Operations platform to address the unique compliance, supply chain and operational challenges high-tech manufacturers face.
- Armanino’s Life Sciences Industries for Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations delivers robust ERP capabilities and extended functionality to help medical device, biotech, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical manufacturers overcome critical challenges.
- Armanino’s Design Win and Samples Management for Dynamics 365 Sales extends the D365 Sales platform to handle Design Registrations, Samples and other sales concepts used by the High-Tech and Semiconductor industry.
- Armanino’s Revenue Recognition Management for Dynamics 365 Operations aallows companies selling bundled products such as hardware, software, services, prepaid support tickets, warranties and maintenance agreements to be able to break out multi-element orders to recognize revenue based on company and industry guidelines, such as vendor-specific objective evidence (VSOE) to comply with U.S. GAAP.
- Armanino’s Warranty Management and Product Repair for Dynamics 365 Sales helps companies turn warranty management into a profit center by tracking renewals and upsells. It also drives loyalty through better customer service experiences.
Plus, AppSource also offers consulting services. Whether you’re looking for an ERP assessment, business intelligence package, or CRM proof of concept, you’ll find it on AppSource.