Wednesday, November 28, 2018
Full-Featured Telecom and SMS functionality for D365 with Ytel
Posted by Alex Fredrickson
Ytel is a customer engagement platform that simplifies business communications across multiple channels. Recently, they have developed a solution in Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement (D365 CE) to integrate their platform into your existing Sales, Marketing, and Operations processes.
The D365 solution itself is simple, yet effective. Ytel has done the heavy lifting to hook into its platform’s APIs, delivering easy-to-use SMS and Voice functionality accessible from all D365 entities, workflows, or Marketing platforms. One of my favorite benefits of Ytel’s solution is combining outbound dialing numbers with SMS capabilities on the same number, since they do both voice and SMS/MMS. Whether you’re a sales rep or customer service rep, your customers will receive all of your calls and texts from a familiar, known number.
Ytel’s platform also supports Voicemail broadcasting and Ringless Voicemail as yet another way to reach out to your Contacts in mass. Just like the SMS messaging, these are fully compatible with CRM workflows and marketing automation, making it easy to add these channels to your existing processes.
Here are a few use cases where I think Ytel can make a huge impact:
- Healthcare: Leverage automated SMS messaging for appointment reminders, rescheduling, and cancellation.
- Membership Organizations: Renewal reminders, event reminders.
- Automotive: Service scheduling, sales reminders, promotions, and more.
- Education: Emergency broadcasts, student communications, closures.
- Field Services: Appointment reminders, updates on technician timing, cancellation or rescheduling.
- Customer Service: Ticket follow-up, status updates, back-and-forth communication.
- Marketing Opt-ins: Provide a shortcode SMS number in your advertising, website, and marketing material to painlessly collect opt-ins
Providing SMS capabilities for your Customers or Contacts can be a huge factor in improving engagements, as well as satisfaction. Combine that with the tracking and automation capabilities of D365 for an easy way to schedule and send SMS in bulk. While I’ve highlighted just a few use cases, SMS messaging has proven to be a highly effective form of communication and can provide many benefits to a wide range of industries.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you’re interested in seeing the Ytel solution on Dynamics 365 CE.
Pre-Sales Consultant at Armanino LLP