September 2, 2014
Prepare for the Season with Adaptive Insights Budgeting
Posted by Dave Burlington
Budgeting Season is coming! Here are some tips to help you get your Adaptive Insights planning model ready.
- Run formula validation to make sure your budget version is error-free.
- Update allocation rules in the Allocation Manager.
- Validate initial budget driver and assumption values.
- Create reports with alternate reporting structures using Account Attributes and Level Attributes.
- Test your system –
- Add an employee starting mid-year, mid-month. Verify personnel accounts update accordingly.
- Add a capital purchase mid-year. Verify depreciation expense and fixed asset accounts update accordingly.
- Adjust assumptions and budget drivers. Do expenses respond appropriately?
- Review User Groups and validate version access – make sure you give and lock access to budget managers by version.
Dave is responsible for the Financial Solutions Cloud Practice at Armanino. He has extensive software industry experience, with particular expertise in building and scaling high growth technology companies. Before joining Armanino in 2014, he led all aspects of enterprise SaaS and mobile application product teams. He was a key member of the leadership teams that took two software companies public.