April 30, 2015
CFO Evolution – The Poor Man’s Scorecard
Posted by Amy Morgan
It was wonderful to attend Adaptive Live this year! During my presentation, Your Guide to Driving
the CFO Evolution, with John Dunican, Partner for Armanino’s Adaptive Insights software practice, we
shared a scorecard technique we use in Adaptive Insights when a client hasn’t purchased the
Discovery module. We call the technique “The Poor Man’s Scorecard.” Our clients find this a useful
tool for introducing their C-suite and operational teams to a consolidated data view in Adaptive, so
this often works as a bridge or proof of concept before clients invest in the Discovery module.
To build a scorecard:
- Create a shared report – use conditional formatting or graphical reports for readability.
- Create a new Announcement page (Admin/Manage Announcement Pages/New Announcement Page – drag over report).
- Make the Announcement page visible to the appropriate levels and save.
- Move the new Announcement page to the top of the page order (Admin/Manage Announcement Pages – click ^ move arrow).
- Update user’s Home Page to Announcement Page (Admin/Edit Users/Edit – select drop-down box after Home Page).
To learn more about how you can enhance your model, contact our team at [email protected]. I also feature tips and tricks at @AdaptiveAmy on Twitter.
Learn more about how the CFO Evolution® and Adaptive Insights software can benefit your team.
Amy holds an MBA in Finance, Accounting and Strategy which she uses to lead projects from pre-sales through implementation through support in Armanino’s Adaptive Planning practice. Her Fortune 100 FP&A experience coupled with eight years of implementing and training in Adaptive make her one of the foremost experts in Adaptive.
Amy has implemented or overseen over 425 projects, trained and certified 40 new partners for Adaptive, and leads Armanino’s team as their internal solution expert. She is a Certified Adaptive Implementer and Certified in Adaptive Reporting.